SPCA of Texas - Animal Care Center Shelter Tours
The SPCA of Texas is thrilled to offer educational tours of our shelters for all ages, school groups, civic groups and the general public.
If your group loves dogs and cats--and even horses, donkeys, goats and bunnies--what better way to learn more about how the SPCA of Texas helps those animals in our community than with a tour of one of our animal care centers!
Our educational tours include with a brief history of the SPCA of Texas, an interactive overview of the many programs and services the SPCA of Texas offers the people and pets of North Texas, and, best of all, a tour through one of our animal care centers to see the animals that are waiting for their forever homes.
Because of safety and health concerns, we do not offer direct contact with our animals. Please note that our Jan Rees-Jones Animal Care Center in Dallas houses dogs, cats and small mammals and our Russell H. Perry Animal Care Center in McKinney houses dogs, cats, small mammals and livestock animals.
Schedule: Tours are offered Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
Locations: The Jan Rees-Jones Animal Care Center at 2400 Lone Star Drive in West Dallas and the Russell H. Perry Animal Care Center at 8411 Stacy Road in McKinney.
Cost: $35 for each tour, which includes up to 15 guests and 2 chaperones. Saturday and Sunday the fee is $55, which includes 15 guests and 2 chaperones.
- All tours take place year-round
- Tours are offered for all ages, school groups, civic groups and the general public
- Educational tours may be scheduled Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Each tour lasts approximately 45 minutes to one hour
- All tours for ages 18 and younger must include adult chaperones. Please provide one chaperone for ten children unless suggested otherwise
- Maximum attendance on a tour is 15 total, including adults and children (which may include younger/older siblings accompanying adult chaperones). If you have a larger group, please schedule additional tours
- Groups must make their own appropriate arrangements for individuals with animal allergies
- Because of safety and health concerns, we do not offer direct contact with our animals
Please note there is a $35 non-refundable fee to hold your date and time. This fee will be deducted from your total. If you need to reschedule, please contact us 214-461-1811
To schedule a tour of either SPCA of Texas animal care center, please contact: Terri Hooks, Humane Educator at 214.461.1811 or firstname.lastname@example.org